Pak Bung Loy Fa (Stir Fried Greens)
- 12 ounces pak bung
- 1/2 pound of steak, cut into thin strips, then into bite size pieces
- 5-6 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 5-6 chopped chillis (prik ki nu – birdseye or dynamite chilis)
- 1 table spoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed yellow bean sauce
- First arrange the cooker, place the lid of the wok on the side of the second wok stand away from the fire.
- Prepare the meat, and clean and dry the vegetables. Mix everything, except the oil and stock in a small bowl ready. Don protective clothing.
- Put the wok over very high heat: If using gas the flames should overlap the edges of the wok and rise 3-4 inches above it, a charcoal burner should be very hot (white hot). Add the stock and bring it to the boil. Add the remaining ingredients except the oil and stir fry until the mixture is almost dry.
- Add the oil and bring it to smoking point, stir frying vigorously, then ignite the oil (if it doesn’t ignite on its own, I suggest you use a small butane blow torch).
- Without hurrying transfer the wok to the second wok stand and cover with the lid. This will extinguish the flames.
- Return the wok to the barbeque and reheat to smoking point, ignite and extinguish as above.
- The dish is now ready to serve. It can be served with rice, or as a component in a Thai or oriental style buffet
Share & Print
0 0 100 0