Oyster and Artichoke Soup
- 1 (12-ounce) container fresh oysters
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce ) can chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups “half + half”
- 1 (14-ounce ) can quartered artichokes hearts, drained
- 2 bay leaves
- Drain oysters, reserving liquid. Add enough broth to liquid to make 2 cups. Set oysters and liquid aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add celery and green onion, sauté until tender. Stir in flour, thyme, and pepper. Cook stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until or until golden. Gradually stir in broth mixture and half + half. Add artichoke hearts and bay leaves.
- Cook soup over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Do not boil.
- Stir in oysters, cook 2 or 3 minutes or until oysters begin to curl (stir). Remove and discard the bay leaves.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0