Oven Beef Stew
- 2 T. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 T. Crisco
- 2 (10 1/2 oz.) cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 soup cans water (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 1/2 c. dry red wine or water
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Use to coat meat.
- In Dutch oven, brown meat in hot oil; add soup, water, onion and basil. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool. Refrigerate overnight or until ready to use.
- About 1 1/2 hours before serving time, pare and cube potatoes and pare and cut carrots into 1-inch pieces. Add to stew mixture with wine or water. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until tender.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0