Outback Steakhouse Sydney’s Sinful Sundae
Here’s an easy-to-make, yet delectable dessert served at the popular Outback Steakhouse chain. This scrumptious sundae is the first dessert in the list on their menu, which describes it as: “Vanilla ice cream rolled in toasted coconut, covered in chocolate sauce and topped with whipped cream.” Resting on the very top is a fresh, ripe strawberry. The secret to this recipe is to well-coat your large scoop of ice cream with that incredible, crunchy, toasted coconut. And there’s nothing like the sweet smell of freshly toasted coconut that will soon be wafting through your entire house, room by room. This is a good one to make when you want a quick dessert that totally satisfies.
1 cup shredded coconut
4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup Hershey chocolate syrup
whipped cream (in a can)
4 large, ripe strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Spread the coconut over the bottom of the inside of a large oven pan. Shake the pan a little to spread the coconut evenly.
3. Bake the coconut for 25-30 minutes or until the coconut is a light, golden brown. You may have to stir or shake the coconut in the last 10 minutes to help it brown evenly.
4. When the coconut has cooled, pour it onto a plate, or into a large bowl. Roll each scoop of ice cream in the coconut until it is well coated. Press down on the ice cream to help the coconut stick. Put the ice cream into four separate bowls.
5. Heat up the chocolate syrup for 10-15 seconds in the microwave. Pour about two tablespoons over each scoop of ice cream. Try to completely cover the ice cream with chocolate.
6. Spray some whipped cream on the top of each scoop of ice cream.
7. Cut the stems from the strawberries and place one on each serving; upside down on the whipped cream. Serve with a spoon. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)