Outback Steakhouse Coral Reef ‘Rita
This new addition to Outback’s margarita selections will handily quench, soothe and ring the bell in your clock tower — just what the doctor ordered for a hot summer evening fiesta. This mildly fruity on-the-rocks margarita is powerful ammunition in any home bartender’s arsenal of party cocktails. We like tequila. Tequila is our friend. But get to the bottom of too many of these tasty pink drinks and you’ll feel like a used pinata in the morning.
1 1/2 ounces Margaritaville gold tequila (1 shot)
3/4 ounce Triple Sec (1/2 shot)
1/3 cup sweet and sour mix
1/3 cup cranberry juice
3/4 ounce Grand Marnier (1/2 shot)
wedge of lime
margarita salt (for rim of glass)
1. If you want salt on the rim of your glass, moisten the rim of a 16-ounce mug (or glass) and dip it in margarita salt.
2. To make the drink, fill the glass with ice.
3. Add a shot of tequila, a half shot of Triple Sec, then some sweet and sour mix and cranberry juice (in equal amounts — about 1/3 cup each should do it) to within a half-inch of the top of the glass. Stir.
4. Splash a half shot of Grand Marnier over the top of the drink.
5. Add a wedge of lime and serve with a straw. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)
Makes 1 serving.