Outback Bloomin’ Onion
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch — more if needed
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic — mince
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 24 Oz Beer
- 4 Vidalia Or Texas Sweet Onions – (4 to 6) =4 Inch Diameter
- Seasoned Flour: – as needed
- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne
- Chili Sauce
- 1 Pt Mayonnaise
- 1 Pt Sour cream
- 1/2 Cup Tomato chili sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cayenne
- Mix cornstarch, flour and seasonings until well blended.
- Add beer, mix well. Cut about 3/4″ off top of onion and peel. Cut into onion 12 to 16 vertical wedges but do not cut through bottom root end.
- Remove about 1″ of petals from center of onion. Dip onion in sesoned flour and remove excess by shaking.
Separate petals to coat thoroughly with batter.
- Gently place in fryer basket and deep-fry at 375 to 400 for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Turn over and fry 1-1/2 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place onion upright in shallow bowl and remove center core with circular cutter or apple corer. Serve hot with Creamy Chili Sauce.
Seasoned Flour – Combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne and mix well.
Creamy Chili Sauce -Combine mayo, sour cream, chili sauce and cayenne and mix well
Share & Print
0 0 100 0