- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 44 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- One 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter or margarine. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture.
- Press remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar and orange peel till combined.
- Beat in eggs and orange juice on low speed just till combined. Do not overbeat. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or till center appears set. Cool in pan on a rack. Cut into bars; cover and store in the refrigerator.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0