Onion, Tuna & Tomato Omelette
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small ripe tomato, chopped
- ½ a 7oz can tuna, drained and flaked
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- Heat 1 tbsp. of the oil in a medium skillet and sauté the onion very slowly, covered, until it is tender but not brown.
- Add the tomato and cook for 10 minutes more, uncovered.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the tuna, seasoning and the onion and tomato mixture. Mix well.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp. of the oil and when very hot, pour in the egg mixture.
- Lower the heat slightly and cook until the omelette is brown underneath, shaking the pan constantly. Flip to the other side, adding more oil if needed.
- Cook until set but still juicy within. Serve with a dry apple cider or dry white wine.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0