- 1/2 pound cubed lamb (or beef)
- 1 lamb shank (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 whole cloves garlic
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 pound frozen okra (if fresh okra is used, remove cone tops)
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- In 2-quart pot, place lamb, or beef, shank (optional), and 1/2 cup water. Cook, covered over medium heat until all water evaporates. Let meat brown for few minutes.
- Stir with the meat the garlic, diced tomato and okra. Let cook for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, salt and remaining water. Cook covered on medium heat for 30 minutes or until meat and shank are done. Add lemon juice, cook on low heat for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with basic cooked rice and/or bread.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0