O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 cups half-and-half
- 1 (16-ounce) block Velveeta cheese, melted
- White pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried crisply
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes or until 3/4 cooked.
- In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth. Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken. Add melted Velveeta. Stir well.
- Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture. Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0