No-Bake Key Lime Pie
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups (2 14-ounce cans) canned low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup fresh Key lime juice (bottled is fine)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-inch baked pie shell, cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- For the filling, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese and condensed milk until well-blended and smooth. Beat in the lime juice, lime zest and salt until well-blended. Spoon into the pie shell, smoothing the surface. Cover and refrigerate until completely set, about 3 hours.
- For the topping, beat cream and vanilla in a medium bowl at high mixer speed until the cream forms soft peaks. Add confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream mixture to a sieve set over a bowl to catch any liquid. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- To serve, spread topping over pie, or slice and add a dollop of whipped cream topping to each serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0