No Bake Cheesecake
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 envelopes unflavoured gelatin
- 3 cups creamed cottage cheese
- unbacked crumb crust
- chopped nuts or canned fruit for garnish
STEP BY STEP:
- In small bowl, beat egg yolks with milk until mixed; in 2-quart saucepan, stir gelatin with sugar and salt.
- Stir yolk mixture into gelatin mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture thickens and coats spoon. Remove from heat; add lemon peel; cool. Into large bowl, press cottage cheese through sieve; add lemon juice and vanilla. Add gelatin mixture. Chill about 30 minutes, stirring until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
- Meanwhile, press half of crust mixture in bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In small bowl with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form; spoon onto gelatin mixture. Beat cream until soft peak form; spoon onto egg whites; fold egg whites and cream into gelatin mixture. Pour gelatin mixture into prepared springform pan.
- Sprinkle top with remaining crumb mixture and refrigerate until firm.