Nice ‘N’ Spicy Wedges
- 5 large potatoes
- 1 1/3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 1/2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 medium onion – chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- Halve potatoes lengthways, cut each half into 3 wedges. Boil, steam or microwave until almost tender. When cool, toss potatoes in cornstarch.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of the ghee in a medium pan; cook onion, garlic and ginger root, stirring, until onion is soft. Add seeds, garam masala, chilli and salt; cook, stirring, intil fragrant.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a large pan. Cook half of the potatoes about 5 minutes, or until browned and crisp on all sides. Remove from pan. Keep warm. Repeat with the remaining ghee and potatoes.
- Toss potatoes in same pan with the spice mixture, juice and coriander.
- Serve hot.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0