Nam Prik Narok (Hell Fire Sauce)
- oil to deep fry
- 2 pound of filleted white fleshed freshwater fish
- 1 cup green prik ki nu
- 1 cup red prik ki nu
- 1/2 cup garlic
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 3 tablespoons shrimp paste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons palm sugar.
- Flake the fish and deep fry until the flakes turn golden brown. Chop the chilis, shallots and garlic, then [charcoil] broil them briefly and beat the ingredients together in a mortar and pestle or food processor to form a smooth paste.
- Place in a small saucepan or wok, and cook on medium high until the mixture forms a bubbling paste.
– The resultant sauce paste may be stored, when cold, in a tight fitting jar, for several weeks.
-Also can be made with pork (yum moo), or even with shrimp (yum khoong).
Share & Print
0 0 100 0