- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms — (8 ounces)
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove — halved
- 8 Italian bread slices — (1/2-inch-thick) toasted — (4 ounces)
- Thyme sprigs — (optional)
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and salt; stir well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; add minced thyme, flour, and pepper, and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Rub cut sides of garlic over bread slices. Spoon 2 tablespoons mushroom mixture onto each bread slice. Yield: 8 appetizers (serving size: 1 appetizer).
- Serving Ideas : Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
NOTES : Cremini mushrooms resemble fresh button mushrooms but have a darker color and a more robust, earthy flavor. If cremini mushrooms are unavailable, use all button mushrooms.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0