- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- 3 dried pasilla chiles
- 3 dried mulato chiles
- 3 dried ancho chiles
- 1 cup raw or unsalted peanuts
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 2 med. tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. anise seed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- Remove seeds from chiles under cold running water. Pour boiling hot broth over chiles. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- In blender, puree chiles with broth, then add remaining ingredients except chocolate and anise seeds.
- Cook puree in 2 tbsp. bacon drippings for 3 to 4 minutes. Add chocolate and simmer until melted.
- Anise seeds are to be added to the sauce just prior to combining the sauce with the chicken.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0