Mole Poblano Picante
- 8.00 Mulato chiles
- 0.13 ts Cinnamon
- 4.00 Ancho chiles
- 1.00 ts Sugar
- 0.50 ts Ground coriander seed
- 4.00 Pasilla chiles
- 0.25 ts Anise
- 8.00 lb Turkey, in pieces
- 0.50 c Raisins
- 4.00 tb Lard
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3.00 Tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 4.00 tb Sesame seeds
- 4.00 Canned chipotle chiles
- 1.00 lg Onion, chopped
- 2.00 oz Unsweetened chocolate
- 2.00 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.00 Tortilla, cut up
- 1.00 c Blanched almonds
- 0.13 ts Ground gloves
- Prepare the mulato, ancho, and pasilla chiles by washing in cold water; removing veins, stems, and seeds; and tearing them roughly into pieces.
- Place the pieces in a bowl and soak in hot water (about 1 cup to 6 chiles) for about an hour. Blend the chiles with the soaking water in a blender, but do not over blend. The texture should remain coarse.
- Place the turkey pieces in a flameproof casserole with a lid, and poach, covered, in salted water to barely cover for 1 hour. Drain, reserving the stock. Dry the turkey pieces thoroughly with paper towels. Heat the lard in a skillet, and brown the turkey pieces, a few at a time.
- Arrange the turkey pieces in the casserole and keep warm. Combine 2 tbs of the sesame seeds, the onion, garlic, tortilla, almonds, cloves, cinnamon, coriander seed, anise, raisins, tomatoes, prepared chiles, and chipotle chiles, and reduce, bit by bit, to a coarse puree in the electric blender.
- Heat the remaining lard in a skillet, adding, if necessary, a little more lard to bring it up to 3 TBS. Cook the puree, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Add 2 cups of the turkey stock, chocolate, salt and pepper to taste, and the sugar, and cook, over very low heat, until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the sauce over the turkey; cover; and cook over the lowest possible heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. The sauce should be rather thicker than the consistency of heavy cream. If it seems too thin, thin with turkey stock.
- Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds just before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0