- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped chiles, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot red pepper sauce, optional
- Cilantro or parsley sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the 1 cup frozen peas with 1/4 cup water, cover, and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Cook the peas 2 minutes, drain, and rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain again, and add to a food processor.
- Roughly chop the flesh of the avocado. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the chopped avocado with the cooked peas, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 can chopped chiles, 2 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro, and 1 tablespoon lime juice, and process until smooth.
- Taste the puree and season with salt and pepper, and hot red pepper sauce, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0