Mixed Summer Grill
4 – 6 persons
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted peanut oil, hazlenut or walnut oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp medium ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb 6 – 8 drumsticks or 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 lb 2 loin lamb chops, cut 1 inch thick
- 3/4 lb salmon steak, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/2 lb Italian sausages
- Vegetable oil for grill rack
STEP BY STEP:
- Combine the olive oil, peanut oil, salt, pepper,garlic, and lemon juice.
- Place the drumsticks, lamb chops, salmon, and sausages in 1 or 2 shallow pans large enough to hold them in a single layer
- Pour the marinade over the top, and turn the pieces to coat both sides
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or as long as overnight, turning several times
- Remove the meat from the marinade. Place the drumsticks on the grill rack and sear on all sides. Continue to grill until cooked, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Grill the lamb chops, salmon, and sausage alongside the chicken, turning as necessary. Allow about 4 minutes on each side for the chops for medium-rare, 5 to 6 minutes on each side for the salmon, and a total of 8 to 10 minutes for the sausages, or until nearly charred.
- Remove from the grill rack and let rest for several minutes before serving.
- If using hardwood chips (such as cherry, apple, hickory or mesquite), soak them in water to cover for at least an hour or until they sink, so the chips smoke instead of burn. Oil the rack of a charcoal or gas grill.
- Prepare a fire or preheat the grill. When the fire is ready, drain the chips and add to the charcoal grill 5 minutes before adding the chicken. If using a gas grill, wrap the drained chips in aluminum foil, poke a few holes in the foil, and place under the cooking grates on top of the gas fire.
- Chicken breasts are cooked when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 175 degrees.