- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 4 pork ribs — country style
- 18 ounces (1 bottle) barbecue sauce — your choice
- Heat oven to 180°F. Combine spices and rub ribs thoroughly. Put ribs on baking sheet and bake for 3 hours. Don’t turn.
- Remove from oven. Ribs can be refrigerated up to 2 days before grilling (or keep awhile in freezer).
- Use very low charcoal fire with rack set as high as possible. Grill ribs for 25 to 30 minutes total. Five minutes before removing from grill, baste with BBQ sauce of your choice.
- NOTES : Ribs slow-baked in sugar and spice; then finished on the grill with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Bake ahead of time; then it’s only 1/2 hour to table from grill.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0