Mexican Savory Cheese Spread
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 325° and lightly spray bottom of 6-inch springform pan with vegetable pan spray. Mix together and press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped chilies, drained (For spicier flavor, use jalapeno peppers)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon chili powder
In bowl, cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time. Mix in cheddar cheese and blend until well combined. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- 1/3 cup spicy cheddar cheese dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
In small bowl, mix together cheese dip and sour cream. Pour over baked cheese spread. Bake 15 minutes more at 400°. Cool and refrigerate 2-3 hours. Serve with nacho chips.
Serves 6 – 8.