- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 jumbo onion (1 pound) — cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots — cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves — crushed with garlic press
- 1 jalapeño chile– seeded and minced
- 3 limes
- 12 ounces red potatoes — unpeeled and cut into 1/4-inch
- 1 14 1/2-ouncen can vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (3 to 4 ears)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves — chopped
- 1 avocado– cut into 1/4-inch dice
- coarsely broken tortilla chips — optional
- In nonstick 5- to 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high
heat until hot. Add onion, carrots, garlic, and jalapeño, and cook 15
minutes or until vegetables are golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, from limes, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/3 cup juice; set aside.
- Add potatoes, broth, salt, and 4 cups water to saucepot; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add corn; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cilantro, lime peel, and lime juice. Ladle soup into 6 bowls; top with
avocado. Sprinkle tortilla chips into soup, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0