Mexican Beef Soup In Tortilla Bowls
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, cut lengthwise in half and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) beef consommé
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 6 medium (8 inches) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Heat Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion. Brown 4 to 5 minutes, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings. Season beef with cumin and pepper.
- Stir consommé, corn, tomatoes and water into beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile gently press tortillas into 6 individual microwave-safe (2-cup) soup bowls. Microwave, 3 bowls at a time, on high 5 to 6 minutes or until tortillas are slightly crisp, rotating and rearranging cups halfway.
- Stir chopped cilantro into soup. Spoon soup into tortilla bowls. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0