Mexicali Chicken and Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 1/4 cups (12 ounces) cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- PREHEAT oven to broil.
- COMBINE chicken, chiles, ketchup, water, and chili powder in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat just until bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- SPOON warm chicken mixture onto 5 roll bottoms. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; place on baking sheet.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place roll tops on sandwiches; serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0