Matzo Cheese Balls
- 1/2 pound cottage cheese, 1/2% fat
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons matzo meal, or more
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Beat egg whites till stiff. Mix cheese, yolks, and sugar. Stir in enough matzo meal to make a batter thick enough to work with your hands.
- Fold in butter and egg whites. Let stand 1/2 hour.
- Make small balls and drop into boiling water. When they rise to the top, they are done.
- Serve with apple sauce, sugar-cinnamon or sour cream
Share & Print
0 0 100 0