Marie Callender’s Potato Cheese Soup
- 8 cups of potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups of onion, chopped
- 4 cups of celery, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 6 Tbsp of butter or margarine
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot, place the potatoes, onions, celery and salt with the 4 cups of water. Simmer for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Put mixture into a blender and puree until chunky.
- Return the soup to the pot and add the half-and-half, butter and cheese. Simmer until hot. Do not boil.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0