Margarita Soufflé Pie
- 1/2 cup margarine (do not use butter)
- 1-1/4 cups very finely crushed pretzels (non salted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice(not bottled)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
- In 9-inch glass pie plate, melt margarine in microwave at HIGH, ONE MINUTE OR SO. Add pretzel and sugar, mix well. Press mixture firmly in bottom and up sides of pie plate. Refrigerate crust while preparing filling.
- Filling: In 4 cup glass measure combine sugar, lime peel and lime juice and salt. Cook in microwave at HIGH, ONE MINUTE OR SO until sugar dissolves, stirring once.
- Slowly add eggs to lime juice mixture, whisking constantly. Cook at HIGH for 30 seconds, stir mixture. Continue cooking at HIGH until mixture thickens, stirring every 15 seconds
- In 1-cup glass measure sprinkle gelatin over combined tequila and triple sec. Let stand about one minute to soften. Cook gelatin mixture at HIGH until gelatin dissolves, I say about 45 seconds.
- Add gelatin mixture and food coloring to lime mixture. Refrigerate one hour until cool and slightly thickened. Fold in whipped cream and pour into pretzel crust. Chill a few hours or until set.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0