Maple Syrup Apple Pie
- 1-9 inch unbaked pie shell
- 2 pounds all-purpose apples, pared, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. sweet butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup COLD sweet butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Place rack in lowest position in oven, next preheat oven at 400º
- In large bowl, combine apples and 2 Tbsp. flour. Combine syrup and melted butter. Pour over apples, mix well. Turn into pie shell.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup flour, sugar and cinnamon, cut in cold butter until crumbly. Add nuts, sprinkle over apples
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375º, bake for 35 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with Vanilla Ice Cream.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0