Malaysian Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried garlic flakes
- 1 tablespoon Dried onion flakes
- 4 Dried red chiles
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dark soy sauce
- 1 cup Crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Palm or brown sugar
- Coconut milk or water to thin to desired consistency
- Heat oil to moderate in a small wok or pan. Place garlic and onion flakes in a fine wire strainer and lower into the oil. Cook until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Fry whole chiles until puffed and crisp, about 40 seconds. Remove. Drain on paper towels. Let cool. Discard chile seeds. Add lime juice and soy sauce. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and sugar. Stir to blend well. Cool.
- Crumble garlic flakes, onion flakes, and chiles into small pieces and add to mixture. Combine well. Serve at room temperature.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0