Magic Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 crumb or baked pastry 8-inch pie shell, cooled
- 1-1/3 Cups (15-oz can) Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice (fresh, reconstituted or frozen)
- 1 Tsp grated lemon peel (zest) (fresh or dried)
- 2 Egg yolks
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed, lemon juice, lemon peel and egg yolks until thickened.
- Turn into pie shell.
- 2 Egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/4 Tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tartar until they hold a soft peak.
- Gradually whip in sugar; continue to whip just until whites hold firm peaks.
- Pile onto pie filling and seal to edge of pie shell.
- Bake in 325ºF (slow) oven until top is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool before serving
Share & Print
0 0 100 0