Macaroni and Cheese Soup
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6oz) shredded process American cheese
- 2 Tbsp chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 (8oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen English peas
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, and onion, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Remove vegetable mixture from heat. Set aside.
- Combine milk and cheese in a heavy Dutch oven, and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until cheese melts. Stir in bouillon granules and pepper
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring well. Stir into milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in macaroni, vegetable mixture, corn, and peas. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated
Share & Print
0 0 100 0