Lone Star Steakhouse Lettuce Wedge Salad
Why waste time chopping up the lettuce when you can just hack a head into four chunks, dress it up and serve? This unique presentation is not only easy to make, but also a deliciously different way to serve your next salad. The creamy bleu cheese dressing is a cinch to make from scratch and tastes much better than anything you’ll buy in a store. Add a bit of extra crumbled bleu over the top, some freshly diced tomatoes, and you’re well on your way to a fancy-pants side salad that’ll surely impress.
Bleu Cheese Dressing
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
1 cup diced tomato (1 large tomato)
1. Use an electric mixer to combine all ingredients for bleu cheese dressing in a medium bowl.
2. Slice a head of iceberg lettuce into quarters through the stem end. Cut the stem off of the wedges and arrange each one on a plate.
3. Spoon about 1/4 cup of bleu cheese dressing over each lettuce wedge.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of crumbled bleu cheese over the dressing.
5. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of diced tomato over the top and serve. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)
Makes 4 servings.