- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 C. lime juice
- several drops green food coloring-optional
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/3 C. sugar
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- With mixer, beat egg yolks in medium size bowl; gradually beat in Eagle Brand and lime juice. Stir in food coloring, if desired.
- Pour into pie crust. Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile for meringue, clean beaters, beat egg whites with cream of tartar to soft peaks. Gradually beat in sugar one T. at a time. Beat 4 minutes longer or till stiff, glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove pie from oven. Increase oven temperature to 350′.
- Immediately spread meringue over hot pie, carefully sealing edges of crust.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Cool 1 hour. Chill at least 3 hours.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0