Lemon Supreme Pie
- 1 baked 9-inch pastry shell
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth, thickened and clear.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, lemon peel and lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream and lemon juice. Remove and refrigerate 1/2 cup of the mixture for garnish.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture into the pastry shell. Top with the lemon filling.
- Chill overnight or for about 8 hours.
- Put the reserved cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Pipe stars onto the pie or garnish with the reserved cream cheese mixture as desired.
- Refrigerate until served
Share & Print
0 0 100 0