Lemon Chiffon Crust
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3-oz.) lemon flavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 egg whites
- Dash of salt
- 1 baked 9 inch pie shell, or crumb crust
- Combine egg yolks and 1 cup of water in saucepan, add 1/4 cup of the sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and just comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add remaining 1/2 cup of water, lemon juice, and rind, chill until slightly thickened.
- Beat egg whites and salt until foamy throughout. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until mixture will stand in stiff peaks. Fold in thickened gelatin and blend well.
- Chill again if necessary, until mixture will mound. Spoon into pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0