Lemon Buttermilk Pie
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 baked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and sugar until sugar is completely incorporated. Add egg yolks and mix well to combine. Add flour, lemon juice, nutmeg and salt.
- With the mixer running, slowly add buttermilk. Mix well and set aside
- In another bowl, whip egg whites until they form soft peaks. Pour a small amount of the buttermilk mixture into the whites. Fold gently to combine.
- Gently fold egg white mixture into remaining buttermilk mixture until just combined. Pour custard into baked pie shell.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until filling is lightly browned and barely moves when the pie is jiggled, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in a rack and serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers
Share & Print
0 0 100 0