Lauren’s Creamy Potato Soup
- 1 onion-chopped
- 3-5 scallions (including white bulb)-chopped
- 3-4 large carrots-1/2 to 1″ slices
- 5 lbs Red/New potatoes-chopped into bite size pieces (skins on)
- 6 oz white cheddar cheese-shredded (optional for those who eat cheese)
- 8-10 cups water or veggie broth**
- 2 tbl oil
- 1 Tbl Soy sauce
- dash Cayenne pepper
- Salt (I also use Spike,a health food store seasoning)
**I use water and 2 tsp of a concentrated veggie broth
- Saute onion and scallion in oil. Add potatoes, carrots and water.
- Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are tender. Add soy sauce, salt, cayenne.
- Spoon out about 3-4 batches of potato and broth into food processor. Process until smooth. Add cheese and stir to dissolve.
- Serve with additional scallions and cheese on top.
This soup thickens after being stored in fridge so additional water is needed.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0