Langoustine and Clotted Cream Quiche
- 1 quantity rich short crust pastry
- 1 egg white
- 1½ lbs. cooked langoustines, in the shell
- 6 fl oz. milk
- 4 oz. clotted cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsps. finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tsps. finely chopped parsley
- salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C Gas 6. Rollout the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and use it to line a 9”, 1½ ” deep flan tin.
- Prick the base here and there with a fork and chill for 20 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with a sheet of crumpled greaseproof paper and baking beans. Bake blind for 15 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove once more and brush the base of the case with the unbeaten egg white. Return to the oven for 1 minute.
- Remove and lower the oven temperature to 190 C, Gas 5.
- While the pastry case is baking remove the langoustine meat from their shells.
- In a bowl gradually mix the milk into the clotted cream until smooth. Beat in the eggs and stir in the parsley, tarragon, pinch salt & some black pepper.
- Scatter the langoustine meat over the base of the pastry case and pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until just set and lightly browned. Remove and leave to cool slightly before serving with salad.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0