Lamb Cutlets with Mint Nutter and Recurrant Sauce
- 4oz butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 8 lamb cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 8oz jar redcurrant jelly
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- Make the mint butter by beating together the butter and mint. Shape into a log, 4cm (11/4 in) in diameter. Wrap in clingfilm or greaseproof and refrigerate.
- Make the sauce by boiling the shallots in water for 5 minutes, draining and heating together the redcurrant jelly, mustard, drained shallots and apple juice.
- Season the lamb cutlets on both sides and grill until done to your taste – usually between 4-6 minutes each side.
- Put on a serving plate and garnish with a disc of mint butter cut from the ‘log’ and serve with the sauce.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0