Kohlrabi Au Gratin
- 6 medium kohlrabi
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 3 Tbsp. margarine, divided
- 1 c. dairy sour cream
- 3/4 c. shredded American cheese
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onion
- 3/4 c. soft bread crumbs (1 slice)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Peel and slice kohlrabi. Cook them, covered, in a small amount of boiling salt water 25 minutes; drain. Melt 2 table- spoons margarine and blend in flour. Stir in sour cream, cheese, milk, onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Combine kohlrabi and sauce and turn it into a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Toss bread crumbs and remaining 1
tablespoon margarine (melted) and sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake, covered, in 350 degrees oven for 15 minutes. Remove cover
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes more.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0