Kiwi Fruit Leathers
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/4 cup sugar (to tame the tartness)
- 2 tbsp of white grape juice concentrate (for flavor)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (to keep it from turning ugly)
- 10 kiwi fruit, peeled
STEP BY STEP:
- Puree the ingredients in the blender/food processor, and spread the green goop on fruit roll trays. Dry till leathered.
- Made sure the seeds got really pulverized, and added some green food coloring (cause the result was an icky brown, and this is for two three year olds who are really picky.)
- It leathered nicely, and also tasted quite like store bought rolls, and had a finer texture than applesauce leathers. I suppose adding a sweet fruit to the kiwi, like strawberry or pineapple, would substitute for adding sugar.