Khao Pad Sapparot (Stir Fried Rice & Pineapple)
- 1 pineapple
- 2/3 tablespoons of chopped shallots (purple onion)
- 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 4/5 red chilis (approx); finely julienned.
- 2 spring onions (grren part), coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander/cilantro (approx)
- 2 tablespoons of dried shrimp
- 2/3 tablespoons of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, and scoop out the fruit then chop it into bite sized chunks. Put the fruit in a bowl and add the shallots, chili, ginger, scallion and coriander, mix and set aside. Add a pinch of salt to bring out the juice.
- In a wok, heat about a tablespoon of oil, and stir fry the shrimp until crispy, and the oil is aromatic. Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and drain, then set aside. Add a further tablespoon of oil, and stir fry the garlic until golden brown. Add the rice, and stir thoroughly. Add the fish sauce and sugar, and continue stirring. When the rice is heated through, add the pineapple mixture and cooked shrimp, and stir until thoroughly heated through.
- Pour the mixture into the pineapple shells, garnish and serve.
NOTE: For darkish brown in colour rice, replace half the fish sauce with dark sweet soy sauce.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0