Khaifu Sai Farang Paeng (Omelettes)
- 1 tin of Spam
- 1 tin of corned beef
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet soy
- 1 tablespoon of prik phom (powdered red chili)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of shallots
- 1 teaspoon of red prik chi fa (jalapenas)
- 1 tablespoon of green prik chi fa
FOR THE OMELETTES:
- 3 duck eggs
- 3 teaspoons of fish sauce
- Take a medium tin of corned beef and break it up with a fork. Take a similar sized tin of Spam, and cut it into small dice. Combine. Add 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, and 1 tablespoon of dark sweet soy, and stir in 1 tablespoon of prik phom (ground red chilies). Leave to marinade for about an hour.
- Beat 3 duck eggs, with three teaspoons of fish sauce.
- Now in a wok saute 1 tablespoon of garlic, 1 tablespoon of ground ginger, and 1 tablespoon of shallots (purple onions). Add the marinated meat, and stir fry until the meat begins to turn brown. Add 1 tablespoon of chopped red and 1 tablespoon of chopped green prik chi fa (Thai jalapenos).
- Stir the meat mix, to amalgamate the ingredients and if desired, ads freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- In a 10-inch omelette pan, fry half the egg mix.
- When it is set on the pan side, spoon half the meat mix neatly into the center in a rectangular shape, and fold the edges of the omelette over the meat to form a parcel. Flip it over and fry until sealed and the egg is cooked through. Similarly cook the other half of the mixture.
- Cut each omelette in two, and serve with other snack foods (such as pad Thai, pad mi Korat, som tam).
Share & Print
0 0 100 0