Khai Pad Gaprao (Chicken With Holy Basil)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed red & green
- jalapenas (prik chi fa)
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns, whole.
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped holy basil leaves (bai gaprao)
- 1 pound ground or minced chicken
- The garlic, shallots, peppers and peppercorns are ground together in a mortar & pestle or a food processor. In a hot wok, with a little cooking oil, briefly stir fry this paste to bring out the flavour and aroma. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to stir until the chicken is cooked through.
Note: Optionally you can add a medium “spanish” onion, cut into rings.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0