Khai Luk Koei (Son-In-Law’s Eggs)
- 24 quail’s eggs
- 4 tablespoons of shallots, (purple onions), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of prik phom (ground red chillis)
- The eggs are hard boiled then shelled. If you are using hen’s eggs, cut them in half. They are then stir fried in a little oil on medium heat until they are beginning to crisp, and then removed from the pan and placed on the serving platter. Add the shallots to the pan and saute until they are beginning to crisp. Remove about half of the shallots and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients of the sauce, and add them to the wok or skillet, and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the eggs, then sprinkle the reserved shallot flakes on top.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0