Key Lime Cheesecake Pie
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/2 pkg (15 oz) all ready pie crusts
- 1 tsp flourFilling:
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 Stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope Unflavored gelatin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 pkg (3 oz each) cream cheese softened
- whipping cream, whipped, sweetened
- lime slices
STEP BY STEP:
- Prepare pie crust with flour according to package directions for unfilled one-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan (See Note). Generously prick crust with fork. Bake in preheated 450-degree oven 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- To make filling, in small saucepan, soften gelatin in lime juice 5 minutes. Blend in sugar and eggs. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat. Boil gently 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and butter; beat well. Pour in hot lime juice mixture; beat until smooth and well blended. Refrigerate until cool, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In medum bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in cooled lime juice mixture and lime peel. Spoon into cooled pie crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices. Store in refrigerator.
To form starburst design, trim dough even with edge of pan. Cut dough at about 1/2-inch intervals all around edges, making each cut 1/2 inch long. Fold each square in half diagonally to form a triangle, pressing lightly into dough to seal.