Kenny Rogers Roasters Corn Muffins
He knows when to hold ’em, and he knows when to fold ’em. He also knows how to make awesome corn muffins that come with the meals served at his chain of fire-roasted chicken restaurants. When Kenny Rogers isn’t singing “Ruby,” he’s out promoting his fast-growing chicken chain. And it’s working out pretty good. Already there are 203 stores in the chain, and when Kenny can’t do the promotion himself, the chaps over at the TV show Seinfeld help out by featuring the restaurant in one of their popular episodes. Now, with the help of this Top Secret Recipe, you can make some sweet corn muffins of your own that taste just like Kenny’s.
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup frozen yellow corn
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add flour, cornmeal and baking powder and blend thoroughly. Add milk while mixing.
4. Add corn to mixture and combine by hand until corn is worked in.
5. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins begin to turn brown on top. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)
Makes 12 muffins.