- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup lentils, washed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced smoked sausage
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped – 2 tsps. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsps. flour
- 2 tbsps. water
- 2 pounds kale, washed
- Bring water and broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Add lentils, 1/2 cup onions, and sausage. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté remaining onions, celery, and 2 teaspoons olive oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic, stir together and simmer 10 minutes. Mix flour and 3 tbsps. water together until smooth, and then stir into the mixture in the skillet.
- Put skillet mixture in broth, add kale greens and bring to a low boil.
- Cook soup at a low boil for 15 to 20 minutes, or until greens are tender.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0