Kai Yang Isan (Thai Barbequed Chicken)
- 1-2 chicken (if small use 2)
- 1/2 cup of fish sauce
- 1/2 cup of sweet dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons of freshly ground ginger root
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Marinade the poultry overnight.
- Mix half a cup each of freshly ground ginger, freshly ground galangal, thinly sliced bruised lemon grass stalk, chopped coriander [cilantro] (use the whole plant, including the roots, if you can get it), and fresh mushrooms.
- Add the marinade left over from the night before, and heat in a small saucepan to bring out the flavour if you are doing the mock kai yang (see below). Stuff the body of the bird[s]
- Bake or broil until cooked, and the skin is crispy brown.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0