Kahlua Cheesecake Surprise
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- shaved or curled semi-sweet chocolate
- Zwieback Crust
STEP BY STEP:
- Zwieback Crust:Blend 1 1/2 cups fine Zwieback crumbs and 1/3 cup each sugar and melted butter together. Press firmly over bottom and halfway up sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F.) 8-10 minutes. Cool. To add flavor, spoon a little Kahlua over each serving.
- Prepare Zwieback crust. In top of double boiler soften gelatin in Kahlua and water. Beat in egg yokes, sugar and salt.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in Kahlua mixture; cool. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Beat cream stiff. Fold egg whites and cream into chees mixture.
- Pour into prepar-ed pan. Chill 4-5 hours, or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Decorate with chocolate shavings.